In this step, you will:
1. Confirm Your Class Roster in Footsteps2Brilliance
To view your class, log in to myf2b.com, and go to CLASS MANAGEMENT. Prepare Student Login Instructions by Printing Student Login Cards (Super Secret Code Cards) - If students are using Classlink, Clever, or Google to login, you will not need to print these cards for classroom use.
*Note: if your district or school is using a nightly upload that adds or removes students, your updates may be overwritten by the import. Check with your administration for more details.
- Demonstrate in whole-group how students will login on their classroom and home devices.
- Supervise student log-in during center time until students are comfortable with logging in.
- Footsteps2Brilliance allows students to log in using their:
*Note: Don't feel like you are the expert? We've created student tutorial videos in English and Spanish that you can play for your students in class and share with families:
3. Pro-Tip: Model Footsteps2Brilliance for Students
- Modeling in whole group will improve student use and data.
- Break-up modeling sessions and give students time to practice in between sessions.
- Give special attention to the digital writing tools and share your expectations for grade-level writing when completing writing activities.
- Use the I Do, We Do, You Do strategy.
- Don't feel like you are the expert? No worries! We've created student tutorial videos in English and Spanish that you can play in class and share with families:
|Use an interactive whiteboard or projector to read books, write or edit class books, and play games together. Model how to navigate and model expected learning behaviors.
For additional ideas, see Lesson Plans.
|Have students work in small groups or pairs to read books, write books, and play games together. Monitor groups and guide behaviors.
For additional ideas, see Lesson Plans
|Invite students to use the program independently in your classroom and/or at home only after you have demonstrated expected learning behaviors.
|Need more help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!